ModernControls builds and maintains building automation systems & HVAC services for industrial facilities. The ModernControls control panel builder position requires that you perform the assembly of electrical control panels, junction boxes and some wire harnesses from prints. This position is responsible for the physical assembly, wiring and testing of control panels for building automation systems. The control panel builder will fabricate controls to print, including layout and physical mounting of components to the back panel, wiring of all components, and testing to ensure proper operation. All duties must be performed in accordance with all company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish a consistent flow of communication with supervisor and properly record accurate detailed information on weekly timesheets.
- Dimension and layout of back panels and enclosures.
- Mounting of components to back panels and enclosures.
- Routing and bundling of wire and cables neatly to meet wiring standards.
- Point to point wiring of relays, controllers, I/O Modules, interfaces, and devices.
- Troubleshoot panels as needed to eliminate wiring errors and component malfunctions.
- Maintain red line drawing mark-ups of changes required during fabrication.
- Communicate red line changes to engineer or project manager for revision prior to completion.
- Communicates effectively with all team members, leads, builders, engineers, and the project manager.
- The ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- A high standard of quality and attention to detail.
- Check parts out from stock as needed. Manage general shop material and maintain adequate stock.
- Maintain a neat work environment.
- Manage project specific material in an organized and neat fashion.
- Mentor and help guide other panel builders.
- Adhere to company’s safety policies to create a safe work environment for employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as needed.
- Walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time.
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel.
- Vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to push and pull up to 100-lbs, as well as lift and transport up to 50-lbs.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must have great organizational skills and the ability to efficiently manage time, workload, and resources.
- Able to work individually with minimal supervision.
- Able to communicate clearly (verbal or written) with articulate professionalism and courtesy.
- Basic understanding of mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals).
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office toolset (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc).
- Able to utilize basic hand tools and power tools.
- § Ability to define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- § Knowledge of electrical theory and terminology required.
- Capable of following electrical schematics.
- General knowledge National Electrical Code.
- Skilled at using volt meters to troubleshoot devices and other standard testing devices.
- High attention to detail.
Education and/or Experience:
- § High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to drive in daytime or nighttime.
- OSHA Forklift Safety Certification*
- OSHA Scissor Lift Safety Certification*
*Preferred (not required)
We Are Looking for Candidates Who:
- Value Reputation
- Are Innovative
- Are Passionate About What They Do
- Embrace Change
- Are Team Players