ModernControls builds and maintains building automation systems & HVAC services for industrial facilities. The ModernControls Customer Support Technician position requires that you manage and oversee incoming alarms, calls, and emails from customers regarding their sites. This position will receive, diagnose, and report mechanical or control issues while providing solutions to customers. This role will work with our customers and service staff daily.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help maintain a positive workplace environment by displaying the company culture in everyday actions
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor while working with customers and coworkers
- Provide support to our customers via calls and emails requesting assistance or information regarding their building mechanical and control systems
- Verify equipment operation related to incoming alarms through our Modern Monitoring system
- Create work orders upon requests by customers
- Assist with document management and organization for customers
- Expand your knowledge of company standards, products, and general industry relevant information
- Maintain a clean, neat, orderly, and safe work area
- Continually identify opportunities to adjust or improve operations
- Walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time
- Vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
Knowledge & Skills:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a customer service role
- Knowledge of HVAC Systems*
- Able to work individually with minimal supervision
- Able to communicate clearly (verbal or written) with articulate professionalism and courtesy
- Ability to define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Saturday and Sunday 6 AM - 6 PM
- 2 Weekdays with 8 hour shifts
*Preferred not required
Education and/or Experience:
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong with Microsoft Office products
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to drive in daytime or nighttime
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
- Medical dental and vision insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401K with company matching
- Opportunities for career growth, training, and development
- A family culture built on recognition
- Lots of company fun, community events and more (see here and here)
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
We believe that the Service
we provide, the Technology we offer and the Craftmanship we stand behind are the pillars that define us.
At ModernControls we envision all team members to be Trustworthy, to work and act independently, to take the Initiative to go above and beyond the task at hand, and the Resolve
to run towards the fire, not away from it.
ModernControls’ main mission has always been to take care of our customers. We show this by always acting Professional, having Integrity, and being Dependable.