The Staff Accountant will prepare and maintain financial records to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities. The candidate must be experienced with full cycle accounting and understand all the processes and documents necessary to produce financial statements for a reporting period. Other job duties include reconciling bank and credit card statements, tracking fixed assets, assisting with payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, job costing, and preparing tax forms. The ideal candidate has a minimum of three years of professional accounting experience and is proficient with Microsoft Excel and other accounting software.
Objectives of this role:
• Execute mid-level general-ledger account reconciliations, accurate reporting, and data verification, enabling senior staff to analyze options and make financial decisions aligned with company objectives.
• Monitor policies and procedures for all departments and identify and suggest improvements for accounting reports and procedures.
• Execute preparation and assist with internal and external audits.
• Conduct mid-level general-ledger account reconciliations, verify accuracy of data, and identify and correct errors made by internal and external personnel.
• Support monthly, quarterly, half-year, and year-end financial closes, including assigned journal entries, balance-sheet account reconciliations, accruals, and overall maintenance of operational management accounts.
• Assist in providing schedules and commentary for operational management account results and variances, and to produce working-capital cash-flow reports.
• Maintain and update records and reports for profit and loss, taxes, liabilities, and assets.
• Prepare special financial reports, when requested by senior managers, by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational, analytical skills, and attention to detail.
• Knowledge of general financial accounting and job cost accounting.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of company and client information.
• Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
• Ability to correctly prepare tax reports.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, and accounting software.
• Desire to continue professional growth through job development and training.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field, required.
• Experience in Construction accounting not required but preferred.
• Skilled knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
We believe that the Service we provide, the Technology we offer and the Craftmanship we stand behind are the pillars that define us.
At ModernControls we envision all team members to be Trustworthy, to work and act independently, to take the Initiative to go above and beyond the task at hand, and the Resolve to run towards the fire, not away from it.
ModernControls’ main mission has always been to take care of our customers. We show this by always acting Professional, having Integrity, and being Dependable.