ModernControls is a leading provider of HVAC and building automation services for commercial facilities across Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and New Jersey. With over 150 employees, and a fleet of 100 service vehicles, our team of experts install, maintain, and design Building Automation and HVAC systems designed to help clients control building environments and operating costs.
We are actively seeking a Building Automation System (BAS) Project Manager to join our growing company. As a BAS PM, you will be responsible for executing BAS projects on time, on budget, and on scope.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review project specifications, drawings, and project-specific documents to establish project intent
- Develop and maintain a project schedule and coordinate needs with the project team. Identify time-sensitive installation needs
- Manage the requisition of supplies and materials to complete projects
- Review plans and specifications and participate in project cost reviews
- Provide application engineering support, product research, and technical documentation
- Assist in the solicitation and contracting of subcontractors
- Conduct an orientation for installation teams, project technicians, project programmers, and provide all necessary project documentation, including scope of work, drawings, applicable specifications, application-engineered drawings, project contacts, etc.
- Interact extensively with contacts, architects, engineers, suppliers, etc. to ensure timely and accurate completion of projects
- Track resources and project progress. Oversee the resolution of quality control issues on all related projects
- Document project events that impact the schedule, scope of work, and project efficiency
- Pursue project-specific change-order opportunities
- Coordinate and pursue project-specific billing including subcontractor invoicing; coordinate with Accounting team and Operations Manager
- Schedule project-specific commissioning resources and provide commissioning documentation
- Expedite the return of project-specific mark-ups for as-built development
- Complete project-specific close-out documentation
- Attend sales to execution turnovers and provide prompt project feedback
- Attend and participate in weekly project manager strategy meeting
- Adhere to company’s safety policies to create a safe work environment for employees
- Participate in opportunities to advance the Company’s interests and own interest including conferences that require travel for either sales or training
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to push and pull up to 100-lbs, as well as lift and transport up to 50-lbs
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong analytical and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated time management skills, resulting in the ability to manage multiple client relationships and prioritize time and resources accordingly.
- Must have great organizational skills and the ability to efficiently manage time, workload, and resources
- Able to work individually with minimal supervision
- Able to communicate clearly (verbal or written) with articulate professionalism and courtesy
- Basic understanding of mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals)
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office toolset (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- Ability to define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Knowledge of electrical theory and terminology required
- Capable of following electrical schematics
- General knowledge National Electrical Code
- High attention to detail.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant HVAC and/or BAS experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to drive in daytime or nighttime.
- OSHA 30-hour Construction Safety and Health*
*Preferred (not required)
We Are Looking for Candidates Who:
- Value Reputation
- Are Innovative
- Are Passionate About What They Do
- Embrace Change
- Are Team Players
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Highly Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
- Company paid Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision insurance provided
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401K with company matching
- Opportunities for career growth, training, and development
- A family culture built on recognition
- Lots of company fun, community events and more (see here and here)
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
We believe that the Service we provide, the Technology we offer and the Craftmanship we stand behind are the pillars that define us.